Thursday, February 24, 2011

Healing. Inspiring. Doing.

I made that crochet eyeball for my daughter's father and we gave it to him for Valentine's Day. It's all part of the healing, I suppose.
Besides, I had fun making it.
He gave us each a piece of his artwork.
Giving a handmade gift that will make the recipient smile is nice.
No matter what the situation.
(Even if he did rip up the last handmade gift I gave him--a painting.)

Lately, I've been obsessed with crocheting. Funny to me, because I took so many months away from it to focus on sewing. Now, I'm into crochet. Sewing can wait.
Yes, I am a fickle pickle. Oh, well. I'm enjoying myself.
Best of it is I've secured a table at a spring craft event on Staten Island.
This puts the pressure on a bit...and I have no idea what I'm doing, really.
But I want/need to put myself out there.
I craft for others after all, not myself...So, it will be kinda perfect-
whether I sell anything or not. Something new.
And while I'm on the topic of crochet...
I was super-excited to see granny squares hit the runway for Fall 2011.
Crochet scarves were trendy this past fall/winter-
glad to see it taken to another level.
Hats off to HOUSE OF HOLLAND!

No comments: