Wednesday, February 6, 2013

More Raw Veggies

I've been reading a lot about how we can get more enzymes essential for 
good health from eating raw vegetables. 

I make a mean salad with radish, cucumber, shredded carrot with a 
lemon-shallot vinagrette! We eat it at least twice a week and I often 
pack raw veggies as a snack for work.

This spring, we are planning our first container garden. 
I'm concerned about pests and the local cat and other
neighborhood "friends" getting into our stash, but hey, 
it's worth a shot...and I think it will be fun to experiment with different
organic pesticides.

We are starting small, as suggested by friends and family who are very experienced in this 
department. Sooooo
I thought we would definitely grow some cucumbers, since 
they are a staple around here...and 
some arugula (ordered some seeds from Italy) should
be interesting.

I'll update as we go along.
This should be a wonderful learning experience for us.

Any experience with container gardens?
Pointers? Tips? 


1 comment:

Evelyn Chua said...

Compost is superbly good for the garden!