Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Otherworld

This was a tremendous weekend that began at 6am friday morning when we loaded-up the car with the costumes I made and set out for Millbrook, New York - one of several locations for
The Otherworld Film. I proudly completed all of the tunic, tunic dresses, and fairy wings I was hired to make...and then I was honored when Gisela, the director/filmmaker asked if my daughter and I would appear in a couple of scenes. Wow.
Not to sound too cliche, but this entire experience has been quite magical.
Working on these costumes has already opened some doors for me. I will be working on costuming/wardrobe at the Rhinebeck Center for the Performing Arts this summer and this morning I was offered a one-week position as Costume Assistant on a soap opera being filmed not too far from NYC! More to come...Now back to The Otherworld:
Several scenes of the film were shot at Wing's Castle, an incredible place built by owner Peter Wing and his wife. You really have to see it to believe it. The inside is just as beautiful as the outside, too. My daughter and I spent our first hour there just running around inside the castle with wide-eyes, mouths open, taking photos and squeeling with delight!

Here is the view from the side yard...
Oh, I've missed the mountains, even the little ones.


I took lots of photos, I thought I'd just share a few here.
Actors on set!

Me and my girl hanging waiting for our scene in the woods.
It was such a glorious feeling making this tunic dress for my daughter.
This was an experience of a lifetime and I have been so very blessed to be able to share it all
side-by-side with my darling child.


Like her Mama, she enjoyed every second of it all.



"I wanna thank you Heavenly Father for shining your light on me." - Alicia Meyers

2 comments:

Jojo said...

What fantastic opportunities are before you!!!! These are memories of a lifetime being shared.

Kristin said...

How exciting.. and the pictures are fabulous! That last one, especially, has to be framed!! Congratulations.. it really sounds like wonderful things have and are coming your way.. and I couldn't be more happy for you!