Thursday, August 12, 2010

Today You Are Six

I can't believe how quickly a baby grows into a six year old little girl.
I have an ongoing joke with my little one...I say, "Okay, so what did you
do with the baby???" And she just laughs and says, "MOM..I AM THE BABY!
I GREW UP!"
(Yes, my sweet girl, you are growing up.)
I am happy and a bit sad, too-
because life goes by so quickly, and I never truly internalized that
until I had my daughter. I'm just savoring every minute of her life; taking it all in and enjoying
the blessings of watching a human being evolve-From the blip on the sonogram when I first saw her, discovering I was pregnant...to now and God willing beyond...I'd gladly take forever if I could...
Josette, "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, You make me happy
when skies are gray..."

I discover new things about you every day and they are all AMAZING!
I can't believe I created you...with God's help, of course!
Happy Birthday, Sweet One.
I can't wait to see what SIX brings...xoxo



It was a very nice few days, indeed. A couple of parties, friends, family, pizzas, ice-cream, a movie, a walk along a rainy beach, new earrings, a special memory necklace for a
"Big Girl," and lots of clothes with a smattering of books, dvd's and toys.

This birthday marked the start of my using handmade fabric gift bags instead of wrapping.
I have finally made the transition and LOVE IT.
As fun as it is, I just can't do the paper anymore.
These make so much more sense to me...and we get to save them throughout the
years and make them special!

What a wonderful 24 hours it has been celebrating
my girl.
SIX.
Wow!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That has to be one of the sweetest posts I have read.

Savoring every moment.. Yes, we must.. as time flies just alll too quickly. I get soo so sad if I think about it too much.. Of course I love watching them grow, of course, of course, but sometimes.. if time would just slow up juuuuust a bit.. Allie will be 5 next month.. 5?!

Happy Birthday to your amazing little 6 year old.