Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Something You Didn't Know About Me #1


When I was a child and people asked me what I wanted to be, I would always say, "an artist."

I never remember a time I was not in awe of COLOR. Just pure ol' color--
in the form of crayon, colored pencils, Play-Doh, clay,
paints & glitter.

During my teen years, I fell in love with hair color and make-up and often took
matters of this nature into my own hands, to the dismay of my family members.

I was told by my friends I was really good at cutting hair & doing make-up.

I looooved working on a live, human, face.
I thought it was just amazingly beautiful and so rewarding to watch
a transformation take place at my very hand & eye.

Soooooo...Jeremy Scott, Fashion Designer,
I'm in love with the make-up look on your runway this past spring!

Image Gallery


These colors? This look?
Hair? Make-up?
This is what I feel embodies my aesthetic...What is deep inside of me:
A little bit clown
A little bit edge
A little bit street fashion
A little bit punk...
along with an underlying touch of childhood innocence.

That's me on the inside and I wish, wish, wish,
I could walk around in real life looking like this.
But alas, (sigh...)
I'm just an English teacher
single Mama
trying to make my way
in this world.

xoxoxoxo

4 comments:

If Curves Could Talk (Stefanie) said...

I think the only reason I dont dye my hair fire engine red is for the mere fact I may teach lmao...

Kristin said...

I hear you on this. Wholeheartedly. There are many purchases that I wish I could make, or certain styles that I would love to wear. But, the practical side of me, says.. put it down.. I don't think so.

Would be fun to let a little of what is inside out every now and then, don't ya think?

:)

Krista said...

I enjoyed this post very much! You seem like a beautiful funky fun person inside and out! I think it's wonderful you know who you are, and a single Mom who teaches English I'm sure is just part of it.

Take care~
krista

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

I love the makeup and the pink hair! Gorgeous! Remember to enter my £100 ASOS giveaway!

x
www.lostinthehaze.com