Saturday, August 1, 2009

Cuckoo For Crochet Flowers

We are in full summer enjoyment mode here. Schedules have been long tossed aside.
Most of our days are spent sleeping late, lazing around for a bit enjoying our home, and then off for some outdoor fun...usually a beach and/or park, then shared meals with friends and family. Late evening, we are the best kind of tired...beat from the air and activity.
I am still enjoying my late-night crocheting projects, which have recently been of the flowery-theme.
This necklace is lovely and was quite easy to do as well. I was playing around and grabbed whatever stiff yarn I had on hand. Also, I used a different flower pattern.
Next version will be black with flowers of the eighties-style neon variety.


I have always been smitten with rosettes-especially when it comes to embellishment-cakes, clothing, textiles, whatever. I've been having a lot of fun with these cuties lately.
Yes, there have been lots of little pins, necklaces, and hair clips around here, too!


Hope you are enjoying these beautiful summer days. Tonight, while enjoying a lazy popcorn dinner, I made travel plans for three long weekends this month. The hotels and campsites are reserved, so it is now official...We're hittin' the road and I can't wait!


No comments: