Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thrifty Holiday Fun

One of the best things about going to make a donation at our local Salvation Army is running through the store afterwards looking for treasures. Tonight, we did pretty well: a lovely vintage white cotton dress for my girl, a vintage puffy-shouldered jacket that ties at the waist for moi, and these two adorable holiday finds...


A Little Luvkin votive candle holder, circa 1978. I actually remember these!
Who can resist a puckering Santa? He's so sweet.
And because you never know what you're going to pull out of a deep cardboard box filled with random Christmas-y stuff....
Looky, looky!
This is just perfect considering I've dubbed this a "very crocheted Christmas!"


I've made what feels like a gazillion scarves,wrist-warmers, potholders, washcloths, etc. Actually, not that many...but it's all pretty time consuming, so it feels that way!

Hope you're having fun preparing for the holidays and/or enjoying the present one.
Blessings and happiness to you all!
These are sweet days, aren't they?



2 comments:

Jenn said...

cuteness galore!! loves loves thrifting!

Kristin said...

oh!! How adorable! These days are sweet - they just are going by too fast! :(

I am assuming you haven't received your package yet? I sent my friend, who lives in CT and recently had a baby, a baby gift - the same time I sent your package and she only got hers 2 days ago! Took long! But, I hope your package isn't far behind if you haven't gotten it yet! Hugs to you and your sweet girl!