Monday, February 22, 2010

Dolls

We were honored to be spoiled by a total "Girl's Day Out" yesterday with our favorite ladies!
The loooong day ended with an early supper at Alice's Teacup-an Alice In Wonderland-themed cafe. But before that, we did some power browsing/shopping at FAO Schwarz.
My brother and I would go about once a year around the holidays when we were kids.
My grandparents would allow us to pick out one toy we really wanted. So, we continued the tradition with my girl yesterday.
The doll floor is so extensive and quite breath-taking.
Being a doll-lover, I was in seventh heaven right along with my girl.
Just look at these diva Barbies posing right in front of the floor-to-ceiling windows.
Aren't they just so fabulous in their black attire? Sooooo NYC.

There is even an automated runway show that is fairly hypnotic. Cub was indeed captivated...but not enough to choose a Barbie to take home!
My personal favorite are the Madame Alexander Dolls.
Oh. My. Stars.
My knees almost buckled when I saw the entire wall filled with these 8-inch beauties...one more lovely than the other! This is just a small corner of the wall.

Here is one of my absolute favorites.
How could I resist that green face? Ohhhhhh. Love.
(She is a character from the Broadway Musical Wicked, btw.)
Because I spent money like water during our vacation, I had to refrain and put her back on the shelf. So sad. But I'll be back for her real soon, though.
I have always promised myself that one day I will have a PROPER doll house and a SERIOUS doll collection. I will definitely start with one of these dolls...or two or three!

And these!!!
There are no words to express how I feel about these.
I could cry just looking at them!
What is it about those borderline creepy, blank-stare faces that I simply adore?

This Mama left the store with a lot of candy-colored photos to remember the experience.
But my little Leo found a "baby" to adopt from the real life Baby Doll Nursery up on the second floor. She picked this one out from the glass incubators. The nurse brought her over
and Cub had to answer lots of questions and fill-out paper work.
It was all so "official" and absolutely adorable. She was so excited!
So, we finally have a new baby at our house after all.


She named the baby girl Kayleanna
and told the nursery that she was born on December 9th at 7pm!
She is such a good Mommy, too.

"Thank heaven...for little girls."

3 comments:

Kristin said...

What a wonderful time it sounds like you had!! And adopting a baby doll girl.. does life get more precious than that with your little girl? So sweet!

Linda Summerfield said...

My children so look forward to their trip to FAO every summer. Love your pics.

Tracy said...

ooooooooh, I can't wait to take my daughter to NYC and do fun girlie stuff when she is older!! Looks like such fun!