Friday, February 26, 2010

A T's Tease...

I welcomed the snowy morning with coffee and this tutorial. It was my second time doing this and I finally got it! After struggling with threads broken during the ruffling process, I finally understand why someone once suggested fishing line is best for that job.
While all my bits & pieces of sewing pile-up on the rack, I thought
I would go ahead and share what I had patience to photograph this morning.
Here is the halter top I made using Generation T, my new favorite sewing book.
The link above is to the site, which I love as well.
This was made from a t-shirt I scored at Salvation Army for 99 cents! So happy with this, not to mention I love this NY band!


Here is a sneak peak at my Miss Mary Mack dress while its under (re)construction!

That's an ex's old t-shirt!
I just placed one of Cub's dresses over it as a pattern and cut it out A-line style.
It is now sleevless and will soon have a ruffled neckline.
I'm going to sew big black satin bows down the front. And the back...
well- I'll wait to surprise you, but I'm sure you can guess
what will go back there!

Reconstructing t-shirts has been one of the most exciting things for me as far
as recent sewing goes. I'm learning a lot and can't wait till the weather warms up so
I can sport my new attire.
Starting March 1st, I'll be posting what I make over on Wardrobe Refashion,
which has been an endless source of inspiration to me.

Happy Weekend, Everyone!

2 comments:

LINDSAY said...

ha! I love that you refashioned an ex's shirt. That's awesome :)

Jenn said...

you rock dear!! you inspire me so much! xoxo