Thursday, February 25, 2010

Inspiration Tee

I haven't been taking a lot of photos lately. My camera batteries died and I was too lazy to pick-up new ones. The other problem is...I've been sewing LATE at night. That is when I feel most inspired and motivated for creating. I've always been that way. This means I am a tired ol' mess in the morning; downing two cups of coffee before I teach my first class!
I have been doing so much with t-shirts lately.
I get the biggest kick out of thrifting for the coolest/cutest ones then taking them home and making something adorable. So far I've sewn shrugs, an angular 80's tunic, halter top, and a punky-gathered tank. Then I became real daring Tues. evening and made a halter dress out of an XL funky American Apparel tee. It was surprisingly quick & easy.
Last night involved sewing the ruffle on to a (refashioned tee) dress I'm making for Cub.
I'm calling it the Miss Mary Mack dress.
I also dared to begin a (get this) bikini, which will probably just end up being undies.
So, so excited and can't wait to share...but I realize this involves daylight & some form of modeling the clothes or at least draping them all pretty on a hanger or my new dress form, so you can see what I've made & I can be all proud.
Until I get that together, I just wanted to share a wee bit of inspiration.


Doesn't get any more 80's than that!
Love my stripes & that little bow up there is a sweet touch. Makes the shirt, in my opinion.
You can find this and other beauties right here.

No comments: