Sunday, April 5, 2009

To Fitness

I figure since I'm spending extra money on organic food, I have made the decision not to join a gym. With a little discipline, I can exercise at home using the In Demand feature on our cable television station. So far, I've managed to work-out on both Saturdays and Sundays for the past month. It's been a lot of fun. I can vary the workouts as I wish...not to mention I don't have to add commuting and changing time at a gym. I just hop right into the shower when finished and start the day!
Often, Cub will join in whatever exercise I've chosen. I've noticed she has a particular interest in yoga. Her teacher at school does yoga with the kids before naptime, which I think is brilliant.
At the end of my workout today, I thought a little wind-down would be nice. I chose Kids Walk because I thought she would love it. What a nice idea to get kids moving. It was actually a great low impact workout. I challenged myself by holding weights the whole time
and I really enjoyed it.
Turns out, Cub is not a walker. After about five minutes, she went into her room to lay down!
We need to work on this before we go hiking this summer!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

i need some of your motivation!! i need to give me some more love before i ever expect some in return! and so thankful for you two!! xoxo