Thursday, July 16, 2009

Introducing...

My child's first (almost) handmade costume!
Yes, I'm one excited Mama.
The show, High School Musical ("One") will be performed tomorrow and Saturday night at a local theater. My girl is floating on air.
For the past three weeks, she has been attending a children's theater company summer program. She has loved every minute of it. There have been many hours spent learning songs and choreography. She has worked hard, enjoying it all...especially working with such a large group of kids, who range from age 5 (she is the youngest!) through 16.
I'm very proud of her.


As you may remember, I became instantly inspired after seeing and falling in love with this dress earlier in the week. Such a great idea for little girls, who seem to just love fluff and ruffle.
I told you my Cub would have one of those dresses soon.
I had no idea what I was doing, I just did it, if that makes any sense.
I did stay awake until 3am on two evenings working on it.
You know how it can be when you get busy with something you love and just can't put it down.
I made a ton of mistakes along the way that had me at times, both laughing and crying.
In spite of the sleep deprivation, it was a wonderful learning experience and confidence builder.
Did I mention I now have three sewing WIP's waiting to be put together on my ironing board?!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

It is adorable!!! It really is lovely!! And How Exciting! I can't wait to hear about the show! Cub is the youngest one??! I hope she is very, very proud of herself, as she should be! Since I don't live near you.. please accept a virtual flower bouquet to give to the little actress after her performance!! :)

Oh- And Please, please, pleease think nothing of thinking you have to send me anything! Your friendship is SOOO much more than enough!
((hugs))

dana said...

So cute! I love it in red! And yes, I know what you mean about staying up till 3am working on stuff. I think that's when I make most of my errors. My mind just isn't thinking clearly. I'm glad you stuck with it though. So fun! So cute!