Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Loving and Learning

For my beautiful Grandma's 93rd birthday I decided I'm going to give her a great big bouquet of live flowers- which she adores...AND some handmade crocheted gifts.
Making this super-fun cupcake gift container gave me the opportunity I needed to finally learn how to master crocheting in rounds. Now I can clearly see hats and berets in our near future!
Believe it or not, I could not find a yogurt container that had a traditional plastic lid. They all have aluminum pull-off tops now. Ugh. But I did have a small sour cream container from making the Ambrosia salad on the 4th!
This reminds me more of a rainbow Italian ice than a cupcake but I'm still smitten.
I think I'll put some of Grandma's favorite hard candies inside and top it off with a pink ribbon around the edge.
Cub has also requested one for her kitchen, so I'll have another chance to learn and practice.

I've already finished crocheting this peony brooch. I just need to add the leaves and fancy button center. May I add this is a GREAT tutorial. So clear and instructive. I loved it. I promise to share when it's complete.
And to continue with my recent theme of summertime light...

I saw this plant in the window at Cub's theater-camp studio and it caught my eye.
Hope you are all enjoying these days of summer.
They have been unfolding beautifully.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Ae Cyndy!! So awesome! Thank you for the tutorials! xoxo