Monday, February 2, 2009

Getting Ready

I have to admit I was never really into Valentine's Day until I had my daughter. When she was a baby, the presents weren't handmade. I was too tired! I did start a vintage charm bracelet for her one year. Then there were the vintage stamps I thought we could start collecting together (someday). This year I've been making her a lot of fun little things. But first I'd like to show-off the batch of cookies I "baked" for Kristin and her girls. I sent them to her as part of an informal swap that just sorta happened after she was kind enough to send me some of her lovely beads.

This little bean bag was suppossed to be part of Cub's present, but she saw me making it and begged to have a catch. So, here it is, blurry photo and all! These were all a lot of fun to make. I love working with felt. It's so easy and forgiving to work with.
My little one and I have whipped up some Valentines for everyone. I'd like to post them by tomorrow. If you'd like one, (and we hope you do) stay tuned...

3 comments:

Jenn said...

love love love the sweet treats!1

Susan Sager Brown said...

These are completely adorable. I'm so glad you had a great Me day/sewing adventure. Love the fabric you used. Have I mentioned I am terrified of sewing???my machine has 2" of dust on it!
xoSusan

Kristin said...

Did You see my post?? I loved LOOOOVED my goodies, and so did my girls!!! Thank you, you are the BEST!