Sunday, February 22, 2009

Gratitude

My glorious one-week vacation is slowly slipping away.
This time alone during the day was cathartic for me in so many ways. Strange what some
real time to read, reflect, create, think, and feel can do for my soul.
I was in such need of that in my life (but didn't really know it) and am very sad to say goodbye to it this evening. I have however, recommitted to two yoga classes a week and to continue
carving out time to work out some underlying issues I'm dealing with. More to
come on that later...
Yesterday was wonderful from beginning to end. Nine of us piled into my friend's family van for a trip to St. John's College in Queens to see a play her nephew wrote, designed, and directed. He is so talented! Grimm, interweaves the tales Rose Red, Rumplestiltskin, and Hansel and Gretel into a brilliant musical that reminded me of both Sweeney Todd and Wicked.

After the play we had dinner at the great Sabatini's. I am a bit of a snob when it comes to Italian food, but the meal we shared was fresh and absolutely delicious. The girls had a great time together and I loved being able to spend time with my friends, too. As we were leaving, my friend, so brilliant and observant, went over to this hanging lamp(?)
and called me over to look at it. She was curious about how it was made. Interesting, yes?
I'm sure there are some talented people out there who are making light fixtures just like this.
There is probably even a tutorial or two somewhere out there!

Upon reaching home, Cub fell right to sleep. I was tired, too-but that didn't stop me from
having some crafty-time of my own. It will soon be Cheri's birthday! Looks like I need to practice those turns on my sewing machine some more, huh?

And thanks to my lovely and talented Jenn for sending over her crochet bug to bite me! You can only look at someone's awesome creations for so long before the spark strikes you, too! I probably did not need another crafty-obsession, but I have to admit, this is so, so, much fun. Great for listening to music, keeping your fingers and mind busy, and for the almost instant-gratification I crave in my crafting!
I can't believe I actually remembered how to do these stitches. Again, my great-grandmother, Johanna was a crochet-witch, so I'll give her the credit!
This was my first crochet creation done in over twenty years!

I'm so very appreciative of my beautiful and creative friends and all of their talents and abilities.
This blog/life/crafty world keeps me going, keeps me sane, inspired, and feeling alive and fulfilled!
Thank-you, Sweet Ones for everything...

2 comments:

Jenn said...

wow Cyndy!!! And it came out beautifully!! I am so glad you had a nice day. It is sooo so sad to go back to work...but this week did a lot of good for me inside too!! xoxo

Linda Summerfield said...

That's a great light fixture.