Sunday, March 29, 2009

Candy Colored TV Show

When it comes to children's television programs, I loyally stand by my beloved PBS, channel 13 here in the NY-area. My girl prefers Noggin, a station I am just "okay" with, nothing more.
During the wind-down, about an hour before she goes to bed, I let her choose from the cable on demand channel. Lately, she has fallen in love with Andy Pandy, a children's show from England.
I am now a fan, too. I love these three little sweethearts. Not to mention the fact that they live in a world of creamy pastel colors.


While searching for an image tonight, I learned that Andy Pandy originally aired from 1950-1970. How cool is that?
Here are the first Andy Pandy and Looby Loo puppets.
So sweet.


I suppose there was something about this show that struck a chord within me because somewhere in the depths of my memory I can still recall the darling puppets that were a part of my childhood tv experience...Punch and Judy, Captain Kangaroo, The Magic Garden, HR Pufnstuf, and so many more.
(sniffle, sniffle...)
I miss those worlds of wonder sometimes.
I'm so happy I have had the chance to glance back there
with my daughter.

No comments: