Monday, March 9, 2009

The Coolest Thing We've Seen Today

I am the biggest sucker for felt food. Sometimes, I just stalk all of the felt food goodies on etsy.
Is that weird? Ah, well. We all have our things, don't we?
But honestly, there are so many talented people out there making such tasty-looking
victuals. I really wish I had the patience to sit down and make us a lunch that looks this good.
My hat goes off to you Skip to My Lou for this adorable tutorial. May my girl and I have a felt picnic one sunny spring day in the future!
Speaking of sandwiches, we had a real scare here tonight. To make a long story short,
I tried a new brand of peanut butter recently and made my first sandwich with it this evening.
About five minutes after finishing it, I felt my lips start to tingle and the bottom one eventually went numb. I started to gulp water immediately. I tried to stay calm. But once my throat started feeling itchy and swollen and my tongue began to itch, I took two Benedryl and called 911. I was alone with Cub and I was so afraid of going into anaphylactic shock. We were both crying. It was terrible.
The EMT's were here in under five minutes, God bless them. They brought us into the ambulance and took all of my vitals and gave me a breathing treatment to open my airways. They said they didn't think a shot was necessary and that they thought I nipped it in the bud with the Benedryl. They let us sit in the ambulance until I felt good enough to go back inside, assuring me that I would be okay. Those guys are the best. They really are...Not an easy job at all.
So, when all was said and done and we were back inside, my Cub says, "Mama, I'm so glad you are okay and nothing bad happened to you." She pauses a few seconds..."But that ambulance was AWESOME!"
I am so very thankful it was not as bad as it could have been.
I'm blowing kisses to those little angels among us.
xoxo

3 comments:

Jojo said...

I don't know if I can top felt food but I just bumped into an Etsy shop that immediately reminded me of you:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5526783

Linda Summerfield said...

I bought the cutest felt strawberry Pop Tarts on Etsy. I gave my daughter a package of felt marshmallows with embroidered faces.

What a frightening ordeal for you! Why would you have this reaction to a different type of peanut butter? I thank you for sharing this story. I will buy a bottle of Benadryl for our medicine cabinet and I will be very cautious with new peanut butters!!!!
Thanks,
Linda

Renee said...

OMG! What a story! Happy you're ok!