Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Inspiration Everywhere

Looks like I'm already gearing up to take the two-month Wardrobe Refashion pledge. I must admit, I'm getting pretty excited and inspired after reading what many creative people are doing over there daily. Awesome. I've started putting aside pieces of our clothing for refashioning instead of the usual donations. I love having an ongoing project such as this to prepare for.

I wasted no time getting to work after seeing this lovely scarf posted on the very first day of the year! Late last night I removed some tired black buttons from this recently thrifted cardigan and spruced it up with some vintage pearl buttons. Here's a two-for-one shot of both!

The scarf was originally given to Cub, who never wanted to wear it.
However, the ruffle and large button have won over my girly-girl.
I guess we'll be sharing this one, which is definitely all right with me.


A trip to a favorite dollar store is always a source of creative inspiration. Tonight, I scored a pack of 8 zippers in rainbow colors - perfect for my new crochet pouch obsession...and some pink and white knee socks with black skullies are presently being transformed into my very first...

SOCK MONKEY!!!!

I've been wanting to make one of these for a while. This is a super tutorial, if you'd like to join me.

Have a happy week! xo


No comments: