Friday, May 17, 2013

Willow & Other Random Thoughts on a Spring Friday


One of my favorite pictures of my girl from last spring. 
We went to a dinner meeting at the local museum and we were both in awe
of these butterflies. Later that week, I had a butterfly tattooed on my right wrist.
The design is for Hawaii, my mother, my daughter, butterflies, dreaming, 
freedom, flight, breathing, and all delicate, lovely, things that float on air.

Today, lots of random thoughts floating around. So glad I still have this space to come 
to and jot it all down. Thinking about hiring a designer and giving this little space
a renovation. I'm also considering buying a really nice camera for myself. I've been falling
in love with photography again. For me, it's all about the color and the narrative
of the photo. That's why I love this one. It captures her. I loved her long hair.
We just cut it again. China-doll bob. She looks more like
the baby version of herself again.. Last year, I called her my "Willow." 
My girl from a seventies post card.

Thinking about...
Summer vacation finally in my sight...Last day of classes June 10. 
Plans for all of our weekends until we go on our first of a few vacations. 
So many new things too: Reiki/Energy healing, Kids Yoga, exploring places
we haven't been to before. Lots of ART: Making, Seeing, DOING.
Thinking of: Him. Always him. His skin. His hair. The way he knows me.
Reading so many books...too many to count; all at once...as usual. Some titles: Cannery Row, Mutant 
Message Down Under, The Life History of a Star, & Patanjali & Ayurvedic Yoga.
Sculpting again with craft-store clay. Lots of animals, eggs, body parts & mandalas.
Purging clothes and all things no longer used, loved, or needed in our home. Feels amazing!

This day is lovely, comfortable. 
Enjoying a new favorite waffle sandwich. Yes, sneaking gluten again. 
Waffles, Earth Balance, Ground Flax, Strawberry-Apple Puree
washed down with a cup of an organic coffee that actually has flavor! Yum.

Later tonight, we kick off this weekend with my girl's Spring Concert.
She will be singing and playing recorder. 
I will drink in every moment.
Loving this Spring.




No comments: