Thursday, May 23, 2013

Random Thoughts on Food

(I love how she does this with her favorite green olives.)

-Even an organic lemon tastes better, so yeah...I'm buying 
organic produce ONLY. I've decided that for our family, for our quality of 
life and overall health, it is the best decision...and totally worth it. 

-I reluctantly visited the local nutritionist/kinesthesiologist back in January.
I knew it would be a costly endeavor, and nothing was promised, 
but I had tried every thing else (medically speaking) and needed to get to the bottom of the food
allergy issue.

I couldn't say more about this intuitive, intelligent healer. Even her office is different in every way.
Turns out gluten is the big culprit for me...along with some other suspects that I was
already aware of. I've been gluten free since then, and I feel and look better
than ever.
Recently, I tried sneaking some gluten back into my diet and it was not pretty. 
I'm gluten-free and staying that way. Turns out it's actually a lot easier than I thought. 
There are so many gluten-free options out there for us GF's! 

-Canned beans are great in a pinch and we use them weekly, but I've been
taking the time to rinse and soak my beans in the morning while I make breakfasts
and our lunches. By the time I reach home they are ready to cook. 
The taste pay-off (and cost) are quite noticeable. I love the texture 
and flavor so much better! 

Thank you Great Creator for all of the food that sustains and nourishes us all! 





No comments: