Monday, August 11, 2008

Show and Tell

She received a suitcase full of art supplies at her birthday party on Saturday. We have set up "art school" (as she calls it) in a corner of our living room and have been playing a lot! Here is a little batch from one of today's late afternoon sessions.
The large piece in the middle was made by Daddy. Cub and I did the rest.
Here is the cover of that paper bag album I've been working on this summer. I promised myself I would only use materials around the house...no new store bought items here and lots of old magazines.

It's a summer book. Could you tell?


For these pull-outs I used the boxes we had in our recycle bin.


I thought if I showed you all of these little scraps I cut for the fabric garland, I'd be motivated to continue and share the finished product! All of these and many, many, more will be sewed together with invisible thread. Fun stuff.
Tomorrow is her official birthday. I can't believe she will be four. This is a big one for me. We have something very special planned for all of us. A field trip here. I can not wait to see this exhibit-

Golden Legacy: Original Art from 65 Years of Golden Books - "all ages open July 4 - August 28 View 60 masterpieces of original illustration art by legendary artists from American publishing's best-loved and most consequential picture-book line. "
There are workshops all day long. Kids and their adults can make bookmarks, mini-books, puppets, and lots of other paper art. Can't wait to celebrate together!

No comments: