Thursday, June 18, 2009

Catching Up

Hello again! My computer was fixed and ready to come home on Monday. I have to say, I didn't miss him as much as I thought I would. At all. (I finally decided he should come home last night.)
I found I was much more productive without this machine lurking in the corner of my living room and eating up (sometimes) hours of my time, which is way TOO much!
So, after this recent period sans desktop, I had the chance to reevaluate and readjust how I spend my free time. What a great learning experience. As a result, I think I'll be much happier and a lot more creative, which is always a good thing. I did however, miss writing and sharing and I especially missed communicating with everyone.
Here is a little bit of what's been making me happy lately:
Crafting a special accordion-style photo album from a frozen pizza box...

...made for Cub's Nana's birthday. This was so much fun to put together.
I was so happy she loved it!Some more handmade gifts for Nana.
A crochet dishcloth and scrubbie cloth...made all in one night.
Yup, I'm gettin' better and faster!


A new photography series examing the relationship between interiors and exteriors in office buildings...primarily the role of nature inside of office buildings.
I've been in so many lately, I couldn't help but notice the interesting relationship here. I've taken my camera on most of my visits and I'm slowly putting this together.
I'll have a lot more time for this in about a week when our summer vacation officially begins!!!


Thrifting Fun- I promise I won't post any photos of my undies around here, but I did find several cute vintage patterns for things like this...and men's ties...and baby pants suits.
Can't help but want to try my hand at these in the upcoming weeks. One of my goals for summer (I feel a list coming soon!) is to start sewing cute clothes for the both of us.

We don't really need any more vintage artwork, but how could I resist these two?
They came with another ballerina lovely. So pretty and for some reason they look oddly familiar.


And the highlight of my week....My little girl graduated from Pre-K!
More on this later...Now, it's time to get ready for work.
One more week!!!!
Yes, I still count down. We're just like our students.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

One more week, Yeah!!

And congrats to Cub for graduating! How proud, excited, sad, overwhelmed are you? ;) ...your little baby!

I am loving that pizza box craft!! How fun! You always find the neatest projects!

stephanie dosen said...

oh my i looove the vintage knickers pattern!
how super cute id love to make them!
and the ballerina darling :)

Susan Sager Brown said...

Hi cindy,
I wanted to share this link with you. http://lucykatecrafts.blogspot.com/search/label/tutorials
It is the cutest pin cushion ever!! I know you are on a crochet roll ( which i have never been able to master) but this may just entice you to try it. Have fun and let us know how it turns out! enjoy the start of your summer. xoSusan