Monday, June 29, 2009

Latest Obsession: Crochet Cupcakes

Since I can't really indulge in live sweets right now, I've been fixated on crocheting these pretties!
I guess it's the next best thing...and low-carlorie, too.
I've been toying with this cute pattern from Bitter Sweet blog for the last few days. I'm learning to crochet in rounds which is new territory to me. I think I'll finally break down and buy one of those plastic stitch markers...or maybe a safety pin will suffice. As I was working around and around I thought, "These would make such pretty pincushions..." and so I let my fingers do the walking on my keyboard...


and of course, this lovely turned-up at one of my favorite go-to project sites!
But I don't know if I'm up for this just yet. It is bookmarked for future reference.
That cupcake top is so classic.
And then look what I found?

Miko actually combined both of the above patterns to make what I think is the
Ultimate Cupcake Pincusion!
I love the multi-colored sprinkle pins!

I think I've got enough to keep my hands busy the next few days...


3 comments:

Kristin said...

You are really going to drive me to dive into the attic and find the big box of yarn I have from my great-grandmother.. Every time you post a new project, I kick myself that I don't know how to crochet! They look too cute not to want to try it! ....one of these days, one of these days!

:)

Unknown said...

Those are so cute! I really wish I could crochet too.

Linda Summerfield said...

I hope you do make cupcakes by the dozen and then sell them in your cute Etsy shop!!!!
Linda