Friday, June 26, 2009

Comfort & Connection

When I started this mini-project, I had every intention of making a cute little purse for Cub.
Then I remembered that she really needed a blanket for her dolls. After finding many of them sleeping under paper towels I finally took the hint!
This was fast and easy and everybody loves it...especially Rosebud.
It's amazing how over the past few days I connected with two women at work who are really skilled at crochet. They saw me working on this or that and immediately wanted to chat and share. Funny how the love of a mutual craft can bond people instantly. I love how that happens. Both women actually sat down and taught me some very valuable tricks of the trade.
And more than that, there was something that just transcended time (the last dragging days of work) and place...and there really was a bit of magic in those minutes...Women teaching women..the passing down of skill and wisdom...a common bond...a pure connection between virtual strangers.
Boy, I sure could use more of these types of connections in my life.
Pure and meaningful.

*******

Yesterday, I bought my first crochet craft book. Yes, I'm on a role here. I'm having a ball , too. So, why stop now? I think it's time to take it to the next level.
That's where the book comes in. I'm thinking doll clothes and kitschy-style projects will start the summer off nicely.

Oh, Summer. So glad you are officially here. I can finally relax and become Me again.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Aww... sleeping under paper towels!! LOL!!! too cute!! :)