Saturday, June 20, 2009

Homemade Father's Day

It's not as easy to whip-up something handmade for the men in our lives as it is for the ladies. Presently, I find myself short on time and motivation for anything that would take a lot of time and patience.
But after some thought and research through my idea folders, I came up with some groovy gifts. Quick and Easy and (mostly) Edible.
In the non-edible category- Handmade Shampoo. I'm going to let Cub decorate the labels. Simple recipe: 1/4 c. Castille Soap, 1/4 c. distilled water, drop of olive oil, and 15 drops of any essential oil or combo of oils. I used tea tree and rosemary.
...For Cub's Baba and Great-Grandpa O.
Can you guess this next gift???

Yup! "Caramel" Corn drizzled with chocolate. I told you I'm short on time and patience, so I'm cheating a bit here. I'll make the popcorn on the stovetop, then spread it out on a cookie sheet. Next, I'll drizzle the melted butterscotch chips over it. Then I'll top it all off with a drizzle of the chocolate. Pop it in the refrigerator to cool. Done. We're going to package it in large cello bags with lots of ribbon.

And if I have time...'cause I really want to do this...There will be
Homemade Soda!!!

Happy Weekend, All!

1 comment:

Kristin at My Art and the Mom in Me said...

You are amazing!! What great ideas for the men in our lives!! And thanks for posting that link to the Rhubard Soda.. I would love to try some!