Saturday, June 20, 2009

Homemade Father's Day

It's not as easy to whip-up something handmade for the men in our lives as it is for the ladies. Presently, I find myself short on time and motivation for anything that would take a lot of time and patience.
But after some thought and research through my idea folders, I came up with some groovy gifts. Quick and Easy and (mostly) Edible.
In the non-edible category- Handmade Shampoo. I'm going to let Cub decorate the labels. Simple recipe: 1/4 c. Castille Soap, 1/4 c. distilled water, drop of olive oil, and 15 drops of any essential oil or combo of oils. I used tea tree and rosemary.
...For Cub's Baba and Great-Grandpa O.
Can you guess this next gift???

Yup! "Caramel" Corn drizzled with chocolate. I told you I'm short on time and patience, so I'm cheating a bit here. I'll make the popcorn on the stovetop, then spread it out on a cookie sheet. Next, I'll drizzle the melted butterscotch chips over it. Then I'll top it all off with a drizzle of the chocolate. Pop it in the refrigerator to cool. Done. We're going to package it in large cello bags with lots of ribbon.

And if I have time...'cause I really want to do this...There will be
Homemade Soda!!!

Happy Weekend, All!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You are amazing!! What great ideas for the men in our lives!! And thanks for posting that link to the Rhubard Soda.. I would love to try some!