Monday, September 15, 2008

Good Things

Yup, my "good things" are all about my loves: children and food...as if you didn't know! Anyway, just wanted to share some happy things on this Monday evening:

I lifted this photo from my new obsession. I mean, I could sit in front of the computer for hours gawking at the polaroid-esque photos of gorgeous, and I mean gorgeous eats. So much creativity, so many ideas, and stylish, too. I am hooked on Tastespotting, BIG TIME. This is a glorious banana layer cake and banana anything is good.

Cub and I went and checked out the 58th Annual Staten Island Fence Sale yesterday. It was just a "wee bit" hot and sticky. She turned pink within the first ten minutes and drank four glasses of lemonade. We didn't stay very long. But it was nice to show some local artists support and appreciation, anyway.


Speaking of local artists, I found this at the bottom of a pile of drawings she did on Saturday morning. I just love it so much. Lately, I feel like her drawings and colorings are revealing another layer of her creative development. Some are so striking. It's exciting for me to have such a close-up view of my little one's development in this area.
I feel privileged.
Someday, I'm going to miss these floating smiley faces with the outstretched arms. I could cry thinking about the day they morph into another form. The big smile, the open arms outstretched to a person, the world...just captures so much about a child's innocence and heart.
Sweet and simple.

I'm loving my chocolate combos a lot, lately. Chocolate-raspberry, chocolate-cherry, chocolate and orange...But I think chocolate and peanut butter is irrisistable. Tonight, it was too hot for baking, so I decided to try something new, No Bake cookies. They were pretty simple to make and they are literally melt-in-your-mouth delicious. I made the Chocolate Oatmeal Peanut Butter kind, but I have already come-up with some other varieties for the future...I'm thinking along the lines of Caramel Cinnamon Oatmeal for fall.

I just deleted the wierd photo of them drying on wax-paper on my ugly counter top. If you want to make a quick and easy, healthy-ish, cookie-give 'em a try!
What's on your list of "good things?"

No comments: