Sunday, September 7, 2008

Once Upon A Saturday

Yesterday was just the best day from start to finish. I so needed it!
To start things off, I received the sweetest package in the mail from my new friend, Kristin!
She is my kind of gal, making beads, beautiful art bowls, and more out of all natural and recycled materials, like paper, sand, and clay. Aren't these delicious? She packed along lots of extra goodies, as well. You can find these beauties and many others in her shop, My Sweet Three.
Then as promised earlier in the week, it was off to the carousel.
Cub pointed out this "shot" to me as we were walking out of the rest room. She has such a good eye. I've noticed she gravitates towards yellow. I love this blue-yellow combo.


My girl doesn't like to ride on the moving animals, so we sat in "Noah's Ark." I looked-up and felt comforted that we happened to be sitting underneath Buddha.


Father and Daughter...



Guess what was for dinner? Yup! Barbecue Chicken Pita Pizzas.
Unfortunately, she didn't love them as much as I did!



After she went to bed, I finally let out whatever air was left in the sinking mylar balloons from her birthday. I made little birthday wrapping bundles out of them for future use. I'll use the balloon as a funky gift wrap and it's ribbon to pull it all together. Kinda cute, no?


The night was topped off with this excellent movie. Audrey Hepburn, France, and funny, too! Loved it.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
Finally, some cool, clear weather. Ahhh.



3 comments:

Kristin said...

aw...And this post made my day! I love to hear about your days and activities...the way you see the beauty in everyday life..is so amazing and something that I strive to be like.. Happy Sunday..

:)

Jojo said...

Hi Cyndyava!

I love your idea of making the milagros as an ornament or wall hanging.

What a great gift from Kristen. Now I can't wait to see what you do with them. As I saw your balloon bundle, it reminded me of the crepe paper carnations for some reason. I wonder if you could make some decorative flowers that could be used as bows on packages. How cute would that be?

Just thinking about the barbeque pita pizza makes me hungry. I am trying to watch my calories and my cholesterol. I think the pizza would be off my list but it sure sounds good.

Have a great week!

Renee said...

Love those beads!

Love your blos and your photos!

Love the pizza!

Happy Monday!