Sunday, September 28, 2008

Music To Our Ears

This afternoon, Cub and I finally made it out to see a local group of very talented Japanese musicians we discovered this summer. WaFoo Chamber Unit plays free shows at some of the most interesting and sacred (no pun intended) of venues. This summer they played at the Greenbelt Nature Center (for you locals) and many local libraries. This fall they will provide the live soundtrack for a local performance of Rashomon.
All I can say is that they are the most gracious and humble group of professional musicians I've ever had the joy of listening to. Their music is truly healing to the soul.
We had the the pleasure of attending their free Fall Concert at the majestic St. Peter's Church in St. George.
I tweaked the photo of the church with my new picasa tools.
She was in absolute awe of this church. What a great experience it was to show her around before the concert




We lit a candle for my mother.



It was very interesting for me to see the band set-up at the altar. I kept thinking, "Wow, what a cool pastor." He came up at the end and said a few words of respect and sincere appreciation. The band members dedicated the performance to the memory of Ben Jacobs.
I am extremely moved by live music and cried during their last song. The female member of the band sings and plays the flute and saxophone. She is just magnificent.
I felt like the luckiest girl in the world sitting inside the walls of this incredible church, listening to the music with my daughter on my lap, taking it in together.

No comments: