Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Etsy Love

I've been spending a lot of time on etsy lately, probably too much. I wait in anticipation for the lovely packages. People are so creative. I love to see how each person chooses to express it. Today, I received a very special treat on my doorstep. This thoughtfully wrapped package was sent to me by the wonderful Heather from Beauty That Moves. It smelled soooooo good, too. If you haven't already, check out her blog. It is truly food for the soul and a treat for the eyes.


This is the fabulous pouch I purchased last week. It was difficult to choose just one, but this vintage fabric just speaks to me. I can't get enough of it. I still don't know if I'll use this as a cosmetic case or something else. It's almost too pretty for that.


I have a real weakness for all things dutch and folk-arty. So, I had to exercise an extreme amount of self control while tralling new etsy shop Pony Party.


I passed on the cutting board but caved in when I saw these two cuties. They will live in my dutch-style wood shelf which needs some legitimate inhabitants. There, I justified this purchase!



I have been inspired by everything around me lately. Finishing up some great books I will write about in a future post. Also watched documentary The Business of Being Born. What an important film. Every woman needs to see it. (Another future post.) Last night I watched In the Realms of the Unreal about the life of artist Henry Darger. I enjoyed it. His life, artwork, and 15,000 page novel are fascinating.

Feeling better today. If the weather holds out, there is a live Afro-Peruvian dance party at the children's museum tonight. Can't wait to boogie with cub who told me, "I'm gonna shake my bootie!" Like mother, like daughter.




1 comment:

Holly said...

etsy is addictive!!! :-)