Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dreaming of Warmer Days

I have been slowly making my way throught the Top 100 Tutorials of 2008 over at The Long Thread. Oh, how I love just slowly taking in all of these great projects! I think I bookmarked half of 'em already. Then I just dream, dream, dream, of all the goodies I will make someday. Ah...
Funny, how in 7 degree weather, all I can think about is making my girl Cub a pillow case dress using this very do-able tutorial by the multi-talented Maya Made.( Above Photo courtesy of Maya Made...Thank you.)
If I'm going to make the above dress, then I need just the right vintage pillow case. I'll most likely go over to Sally's Boutique or another thrift shop to find a bargain, but when I need to look NOW, what better place than ebay for instant gratification? And I'm only dreaming at this point!
Whenever I'm on ebay, I can't help but type in "vintage retro percale," because vintage percales are the cat's pajamas to me!!! They are a BIG (ebay) weakness of mine, so I try not to indulge myself too, too much. But just look at these pretties!!!!!
(All photos from ebay, of course...)
This one below is called, "Blue Roses." I love it soooo much. I remember many of these patterns from childhood. Also, we just finished reading The Glass Menagerie in class, and I've been brewing a Glass Menagerie-themed craft project for a while, too.
I flipped for this one when I saw it because I have a thing for Pennsylvania Dutch, as well. I've never seen percales with this design before and I WANT THIS!!! Wahhhhhhh! But shipping is $9.00. Sorry, can't justify that one! But it would be so perfect for Cub's bed...Hmmmmm.

I fell in love with this one, too. It would make the cutest little pillowcase dress, especially with that adorable little ruffle. But after the gazing at all of this percale eye-candy...I think I just want one of those simple, white, vintagey, numbers that will just flow gently on a warm summer's day.

So, I'll just have to be on the lookout....
for the next five months or so!
Hope everyone is staying cozy and warm tonight!


1 comment:

Jojo said...

Don't laugh but I think that when I went off to college my dorm sheets were like the gingham/patchwork fabric! It is looking very familiar.

Tonight I am trying to do some reading and catch up with my blog friends' posts. Can't wait to see what you've been up to!