Sunday, January 25, 2009

Imperfection

Accept was my word to focus on this year. I am constantly reminding myself to gracefully accept the things in my life I can't change: The fact that I do not have the option of staying home to raise and teach my daughter, the overwhelming and often exhausting life of single-parenting, the odd behavior of others, and on a less serious note, my hair is losing more and more of its color every day! Phooey!
May I learn to accept life's imperfections great and small.

Needed my crafting fix last night, so it was back to the jewelry. This little bead (button) was given to me by my grandmother. It belonged to her mother, who raised five children while working as a seamstress in nyc. This bead has lived in one of my jewelry boxes for the past twenty years or so. It will be nice to finally wear it. If I can replace the missing stone, fine. If not, no big deal. It is still very special to me.

One thing I found so fascinating when I first entered this whole crafty-universe is that people make cozies for practically everything! Hey, why not? I remember buying Cub's Nana an
apple cozy from etsy two years ago. She says it is still one of her all-time favorite gifts!
I thought this was a super idea when I saw it yesterday. So, of course, I had to attempt it at 1am when I couldn't sleep last night! Can you tell? I seem to have gone stitch-happy with the left side. Oops!
Guess this one will be ours. No problem. I'll call it my prototype because I know I'll be making more of these sweeties. I LOVE chocolate. In fact, Cub's daddy recently said, Cub and I are the only two people he knows who often have chocolate on their lips. And that's okay by us! I'm planning on having a lot of fun with different combos and embellishments for these, too. Lots of loved ones will be receiving one in a few weeks.


"Learning to love yourself is the GREATEST love of all..."

xoxo

3 comments:

Jenn said...

1. You never cease to inspire me Cyndy!! Love the cozies so much!! I really need to make cozies for everything in order to keep organized...and cute!

2. I love seeing your use of your word in connection to all that you do. Mine still hasn't come to me, but that doesn't mean I can't be inspired by others!

3. That bead is beautiful, and how special!!! What is the chain made of? It looks like chain links, cute!!

4. I really look forward to your blog and wish I posted as often. xoxo

Unknown said...

They are both beautiful and you are so creative. I think the imperfections are what make them special.

Kristin said...

That chocolate cozy is too adorable! I love yours...but I can't see any imperfection in the stitching? Is that because I am not a "stitcher" lol, eer, knitter, crocheter, sewer...SEWER! Sewer, that's the word, right?

And that Bead is just a beauty..How happy that bead must be to be out and about in the world again...I'm sure of it!