Tuesday, December 16, 2008

On The Fifteenth Day...

The light snow fall and damp chill in the air sent us straight home this evening...
We dove into flannel pj's and hot cocoa with marshmallows immediately!
Such a sweet, easy, evening. Lots of Christmas music, re-heating leftovers, and all around
good cheer in our home.
I don't usually take pix of myself in pj's, but I think these are photo worthy.
I had to look twice when I saw them in the store.
Yes, those are cuckoo clocks!


Well, there are only 9 days left until the Big One. I still have two pretty significant sewing projects to get into. So, I guess that's why I've been researching quick, easy, and charming treats for those holiday goodie bags. I still love the idea of the peppermint bark, I really do. But I don't know how well it will do sealed inside plastic bags. Any suggestions?
I'm intrigued by these No Bake Mocha Bonbons, but again--need refrigeration.
Once again, during research for this or that, I find a little gem of a blog.
This time, it was Chanelle's MakingFoodEatingFood. Both the recipes and the food photography are sooooo excellent. And I set to work right away to make the Vanilla Cinnamon Caramel Corn.
Oh, My!!! You've got to try this stuff. So easy, so delicious. Very sweet. But hey, that's what holidays are for, right?
I may very well stop my research right here. It will store pefectly, not to mention that for some reason, caramel corn is really en vogue this holiday season!
She also has a recipe for the Amaretto caramel corn, which is made with roasted almonds and almond extract. Yum.
I thought I'd share one of the zillion gifties I've wrapped. They're all hidden in my room, because a certain girl Cub will actually start crying if she spies a present that she is not allowed to open. Sheeeeesh!
I'm so pleased with those tags. Love my recycling bin, I do!
I wrote each person's name with a silver pen on the back of the tag.
Off to sip tea and watch the end of A Charlie Brown Christmas, by far my favorite children's holiday film.
Much love and respect to you and your memory, Charles Schulz.
PS: Dear Santa, I don't want for much this Christmas, but could you please bring me one of these???? Pleeeeease. I think I've been pretty good this year.

1 comment:

DarkerShadeOfLight said...

Cute PJ's Sounds like ya have been having fun with all the creative ideas for the holidays. I have to get to michaels for something i had in mind of doing. I MISS YOU AND BABY SOOOO MUCH!!!! Hope all is well! Love ya's bunches.
xoxoxoxo
Arlene