Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Soundtrack for Cooking & Cleaning...

On the top of my playlist tonight!
I'll always love this one.
Interestingly, I just found out Rick Ocasek of The Cars produced this album.
No wonder.

All of the music talk I've been privy to lately (in conversation and in blogland) makes me think of those lyrics by fellow Long Islander Billy Joel:
"Everybody's talking 'bout the new sound funny but it's still rock and roll to me."
Anyway, here's what I'm listening to tonight as the cranberries are bursting in their
Cointreau-spice bath...It smells and tastes very good so far. I just found another recipe for cranberry sauce this evening. The secret ingredient of that recipe is Cabernet wine. Yum yum. Forgot to buy the sweetened condensed milk, so the pie is going to have to wait until early tomorrow morning.
I'm doing holiday cleaning and dancing around the apartment.
Yes, my musical tastes are ecclectic! I'm also enjoying this one-
I love my circus music, it's right up there with this!
Ah, pure soul music.
And this one is classic for me. Love.
Okay, that was a nice break-now back to cleaning-up around here.

Here's wishing everyone a very happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

1 comment:

Girl Land said...

We're big Weezer and Gorillaz fans around here as well. Quinn loves Feel Good Inc. by the latter and makes me play it repeatedly. :)