Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Storyteller's Creed

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.
That myth is more potent than history.
That dreams are more important than facts.
That hope always triumphs over experience.
That laughter is the only cure for grief.
And I believe that love is stronger than death.
-Robert Fulghum
I found this quote at the beginning of the book, All I Really Need to Know I Learned In Kindergarten. I happen to aks the librarian at my school if she had a copy for me to share with my students and she found an old copy and officially stamped it "Withdrawn," and gave it
to me. I am reading it little by little. It is so sweet, honest, real, and funy.
I've been wanting to pass on Robert's Storyteller's Creed since I read it, so there it is.
I hope it touches your heart, too.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That is powerful, Cyndy. Love is stronger than death....that touches me immensely.